Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Interview with YA author Kristina Springer

Welcome to the new followers we picked up yesterday and be sure to tell your friends about us. Even if they don't want to compete, they can still enter to win awesome prizes in the coming weeks!

Next up in our author spotlight is Kristina Springer, author of The Espressologist. She's agreed to autograph a copy of The Espressologist for one lucky winner! She's so talented and we're pleased to have her visiting today!

 How old were you when you knew you wanted to be a writer?

I've always loved writing and knew I would do some sort of writing from about college on, but I didn't know I would write fiction until around five years ago.


Who are some of your favorite authors?

Meg Cabot and Lauren Myracle 

What inspired The Espressologist?

I was sitting in a coffee shop on a date with my husband when a woman walked in and I knew she was a venti carmel frap. It gave me the idea that you could tell a lot about a person from their coffee drink and then I thought why not try to matchmake based on that.

What is the main thing you hope readers will gain from your book?
 
Lots of laughs.

Where is your favorite place to write?

Starbucks

Why did you choose to write YA fiction?
 
I had an idea for a book and it happened to center around four girls in high school. I gave it a shot and loved writing YA and have been doing so ever since.
 

Do you have any upcoming books or projects to share?

My Fake Boyfriend is Better Than Yours comes out 8/31/10 and Pumpkin Princess will be released in the fall of 2011.

Where can our readers find you on the web?

@TinaSpringer on Twitter
www.facebook.com/KristinaSpringer
Kristinaspringer.blogspot.com
www.KristinaSpringer.com

What would you tell other aspiring YA authors?

Be persistent! It's a long road but a great one.


The Espressologist

1 comment:

Christine Fonseca said...

Dude! I LIVE at Starbucks! Its my fav writing place too. Best of luck with everything.